Page 1 of 2    1 > Last »  
Author Replies Total Replies: 20 
Topic: Winter crys for Spring  

lifetime07
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Male 54

View all Posts: 5

23 Apr 2008 08:18 pm  #1
If winter comes,can spring be far behind? Does this verse of an eminent English Poet works in our real life?

Post a Reply  
shiva4004

View all Posts: 214

13 May 2008 09:13 pm  #2
i CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT U EXPECT. PLS. EXPLAIN SO THAT I WILL GIVE MY OPINION.

Post a Reply  
allureg11

View all Posts: 1830

15 May 2008 08:22 pm  #3
Hi lifetime,

Yes its right, and we can expect it in ur real life, that means when winter comes and makes u low (though I love winters!!) dont be low look ahead for the spring with bright colors and pleasant breeze, that means when there are lows in ur life the next turn of urs might be pleasant one thats what the poet means Smile

Post a Reply  
shiva4004

View all Posts: 214

16 May 2008 07:39 am  #4

hi alureg,

thank u

shiva

Post a Reply  
bluefirefly

View all Posts: 1238

23 May 2008 10:26 pm  #5

Hello Shiva

Your topic is so  poetical that it has stirred the very creative juices in me!

In all our school learning, english poets have described the onset of spring and likes as the english countryside is very beautiful.

I would highly urge you to read some poems online, which you get through google, like "the solitary reaper, autumn, daffodls, etc.

I am virtually capable of composing out here myself but I have to rush. I surely will visit this topic again!

Post a Reply  

Naina_Patil

View all Posts: 39

15 Jun 2008 08:05 pm  #6

Hi all,
thaks allurg11 to explain more clearly and make the topic interesting

Even I have read that poem “the solitary reaper” in my school days but still remember the feel of that poem
This is true its always Good - bad - worst - good - best, this is the cycle.
If every this is always good will start giving a boring sense, on the other hand hope of good days keeps us walking in bad days.

Post a Reply  
cosmicInstance

View all Posts: 127

21 Jun 2008 02:36 pm  #7
life goes on... perhaps thats what it means... or perhaps things change... or perhaps the night is the darkest before dawn... or perhaps the likes the circle of life... .....

Post a Reply  
bluefirefly

View all Posts: 1238

25 Jun 2008 09:31 pm  #8

This is my promised poem:

"Denizens of the forest, Ye hear me aloud.

The Winter is now so bear with courage.

Take solace in its transience.

For there will be a field of bright flowers and nectar to come by.

There will be hue, light, and etherial bliss.

Blessed are the trees, for they do not shudder in the cold.

And lo and behold, They bring out the beauty to any keen eye!"

Post a Reply  

shakta_HAS_shakti
Lucknow , India
Male 65

View all Posts: 2811

10 Feb 2009 04:30 pm  #9

bluefirefly: " In all our school learning, english poets have described the onset of spring and likes as the english countryside is very beautiful"

Going thru a REAL English winter is one of the most arduous experience possible. Sometimes U dont see the sun for days on end. If it snows then the damp gets into ur bones. The first sign  of springs is the CROCUSES poking their little "noses" into the wide open even if the ground is covered in snow. It is generally not known that BULBS like Crocuses and Tulips DONT sprout by depending on the heat of the sun. They have a TIME CLOCK in their genes which triggers off the germination and hence bulbs will start sprouting even in a sack sometimes. Crocuses are planted at almost every piece of bare earth in towns by municipal authorities and are carpets of colour. This is then followed by "greenery" bursting forth on every bush and tree and other bulbs bursting forth in their full glory. But the most awe inspiring spectacle is that of Cherry Blossoms which symbolises "feminine beauty" in some countries. I had a cottage in the countryside for many years. I had a small garden and i can assure you that watching the FIRST CROCUSES FORCING their way out of sometimes frozen earth from the warmth of your living room is a better "spiritual experience" than visiting a thousand shrines. But I dont miss it in India - coz the sun almost always shines here.

Post a Reply  
davevishal_0004

View all Posts: 1

13 Feb 2009 05:49 pm  #10

hi

winter has to go and spring has to come. I really think it this way. God has created everything in a perfact time frame. Everything is moving. Nothing is static or rigid; nigther happiness nor difficulties. Rulles can not be changed. Life can be so easy to life if we understand this easy principle created by GOD.

Post a Reply  

shakta_HAS_shakti
Lucknow , India
Male 65

View all Posts: 2811

14 Feb 2009 11:45 am  #11

The topic starter was referring to "Ode to The West Wind" by the English Poet P.B. Shelley:

"O wild West Wind, thou breath of Autumn's being, Thou, from whose unseen presence the leaves dead Are driven, like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing,

Yellow, and black, and pale, and hectic red, Pestilence-stricken multitudes: O thou, Who chariotest to their dark wintry bed

The winged seeds, where they lie cold and low, Each like a corpse within its grave, until Thine azure sister of the Spring shall blow

Her clarion o'er the dreaming earth, and fill (Driving sweet buds like flocks to feed in air) With living hues and odors plain and hill:

Wild Spirit, which art moving everywhere; Destroyer and preserver; hear, oh, hear! ....
.....ends up....
Scatter, as from an unextinguished hearth, Ashes and sparks, my words among mankind! Be through my lips to unawakened earth

The trumpet of a prophecy! O Wind, If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?

Interestingly, I discovered, living in England, that the "Doctrine of Karma" having been "purged" from "Christianity" in 6th Century AD the English put it on the "back burner". They assigned KARMA to GOD. In a MILD winter thay say "we will pay 4it by BAD summer". In a GOOD summer they say "we will pay 4it by BAD winter". (Pssst!!! Bad winter/Bad summer is THEIR KARMA)

Post a Reply  

VAMBANAAR
Tiruppur , India
Male 66

View all Posts: 1919

09 May 2009 09:04 pm  #12
We know Winter and Spring are seasons.
The Hindu Cycle of seasons in India are Grishma(Summer), Vrasha(Rains), Sharad(Autumn), Hemanta(Pre-winter), Shishira(Winter) and Basant( Spring).

Crying for any thing means to get something.
Mostly winter season would cover the land surface with snow.
Snowfalls though beautiful give some troubles to all livings, even to plants.
So everybody expect forthcoming season Spring to get relief from the Winter sufferings.

In spring the land turns warm, new leaves and colourful flowers begin in plants, stream flows with transparent water, etc, etc, the earth begins a celebration, in short.

So, its true winter cries for spring.

Post a Reply  

saidas_g
Mumbai , India
Male 49

View all Posts: 1763

16 May 2009 02:42 pm  #13

hi folks,

Winter crying for spring in india ?? ...  Mumbaikar jantaa is sure  crying for winter to begin.

It would seem the mercury is trying to jump over the tallest skyscrapper in city

best rgds

saidas

Post a Reply  

VAMBANAAR
Tiruppur , India
Male 66

View all Posts: 1919

24 May 2009 02:37 pm  #14
The Winter may not cry for the Spring in India  nor with Mumbaikars.
But it is a true natural phenomenon of cylcle of seasons in the Earth spread over mostly everywhere.   The poets would cry or smile with the imaginations about the surroundings and circumstances what they behold and enjoy.  

It is wonder    does not hear the cry of Winter at least in any one season.

Why ..? 

Good Wishes.

Post a Reply  

saidas_g
Mumbai , India
Male 49

View all Posts: 1763

25 Jun 2009 03:33 pm  #15

Hi vambanaar,

Yipppeeeee   . At last the Mumbai jantaa saw the rains that were delayed betond limits. Weather is beautiful out here since two days.

It is wonder does not hear the cry of Winter at least in any one season

Doing well at murdering humour, are we not?

Couple of months back a fropper friend who was down in Mubai was dropping me home a little past 11:30 p.m. I told his driver to shut the engine and asked friend to listen. After about 15-20 seconds I asked him if he had heard anything. He said "no. Not a sound". I told him "Joker, you were listening to sound of silence". From my window I can hear cuckoo bird singing, squirrels chirping, crows, piegeons etc. many friends on fropper know it by experience. Use to write poems for my mother many years ago and again found inspiration from a wonderful lady after 25 years, ALAS, her response to the poems was so discouraging, poems just stopped coming to me. Guess I am not a poet in true sense.

best rgds

saidas

Post a Reply  
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »
 Page 1 of 2    1 > Last »