Post a Reply 
 Page 1 of 3    1 > Last »  
Author Replies Total Replies: 34 
Topic: FORUMS : Postmortem  
Da_Bestest

View all Posts: 952

29 Jul 2014 12:09 pm  #1

Hi folks,

well..2004-2008 .. brilliant era for forums. Sooo many members posting, starting brilliant and not so brilliant new topics on regular basis.. discussing on various topics. and then zones happened. where from downfall of forums began.

Hats off to A4A, in various avtaars he has kept forums going or atleast tried to keep it breathing. I have tried hard to get people to come on forums but have never failed so badly in life in anything. Todays members just do not want to discuss/debate in public. I fail to figure out what they do for hours together on chats   

I am done and out. Have already posted on condolence topic about forums some time back. This topic is to discuss and analyse where and what went wrong for forums that today it is in such state. Request on and all to contact old members posting on forums to post here so we know why they stopped posting. I will do that for sure.

Folks, let us know why you think forums has reached this state and what can be done to bring it back to days of glory.   

Best rgds

bestest 

Post a Reply  
Anonymous

30 Jul 2014 07:45 am  #2
bestest.......The FORUM is neither a BODY CORPORATE nor a LIVING ORGANISM of the kind that can DIE. Of course a BODY CORPORATE (Limited Company or Corporation) is created by STATUTE LAW inherited from Firangs who NO LONGER SUBSCRIBE TO THE REBIRTH DOCTRINE and hence a BODY CORPORATE can be 'Killed by a Court of Law widout HANGING". NO OFFENCE Study This FORUM is an ELECTRONIC ENTITY. It is not a BODY CORPORATE. IT cannot DIE unless Fropper com decide to remove it from their DOMAIN and DELETE ALL ENTRIES. BUT even POST MORTEM its SPIRIT will exist on the World Wide Web (WWW). Study WWW is what the Spiritualists in England USED TO call AKASHIC RECORD. So search for APBHRANSH INVERSE FUNCTION (e.g. ENGLISH-VINGLISH) on Google and you may find that the ONLY TRUE entry on this subject is mine on FROPPER FORUM.. My last search on google showed that most my posts on Tantra have been archived by google under one entry Dancer COZ I don't write to earn a living. StudySo in the words of Omar Khayaam "The moving finger writes, and having writ MOVES ON,nor all thy Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line, Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it". Study IF GOOGLE have archived anything then I believe it WILL LIVE ON FOREVER WIDOUT 'ETERNAL REST" coz it WILL BE RESURRECTED EVERY TIME ANYONE CLICKS ITS LINK ON GOOGLE. Well I suppose a HINDU could claim IT IS REBORN WIDOUT ANY SIN Big Laugh....Who Cares???

Post a Reply  
Da_Bestest

31 Jul 2014 02:42 pm  #3

A4A,

Do not force me to lose respect for you.

If you think Forums is in same state it was in 2005-2008, I can do nothing more than offer my sympathy.

In my opinion .. It is dead compared to what it was in its days of glory.

About it taking rebirth .. I have tried to give it one but have failed badly. I accept that. Hours long chat and some one comes ..makes one post and disappears .. whole thing sucks.. sucks big time.

Wanted views and opinion from people how forums can be given re-birth .. or same glory as in 2005-2008 ... am sure searching this on google may not give any relevant results   

I had a VC ready and had offered mods to buy out forums from them in 2009 I think. They did not respond

May be if it was taken away from "Dating Site" would encourage people to come often on forums as themselves. may be link could be through "Discussion at Nukkad"      

best rgds

Bestest

Post a Reply  
Anonymous

31 Jul 2014 11:06 pm  #4
bestest....I was simply suggesting that this Forum is NOT DEAD. This forum is simply reflecting the changes in society with the passage of time. U only have look up the inputs of 19 year old gals in 2004-5 and now. Just notice the change in 10 short years. Changes that would have taken 40 years in earlier times. StudyThe change as far as my information goes is...young girls (and older) DO read forum posts BUT are not inclined to GET INVOLVED. In fact I did stop posting for quite some time to avoid wht I thought was 'waste of my time'. A 28 year old girl sent me a msg asking Y had stopped posting. I told her I did not wish to waste my time. Her exact reply was "don't stop, you are controversial but very informative' (words to that effect). Study Wht is hapeening is that girls will msg u if u are a premium member and they like ur posting on the forum. BUT seems they wish to discuss most issues ON ADULT LEVEL which means their post would be declined. when I say 'adult level'...?I can assure you it means 'adult levels'. So mayb the 'moral levels' allowed on the forum need to be raised to 'adult levels'. Study If u browse thru other 'similar forum sites' u may find they have similar problems. Personally, I have no complaints coz I don't go for 'blogging' or 'zone interacting'. So I will continue posting as 'good loud thinking' that attracts gals to my profile and further. Chatting wid these girls and meeting a few thru the forum increases my understanding of KALIYUG first hand widout wasting my time on wht the ADULT VIDWAANS say on the web or tv etc wid little knowledge of wht is going on in "teen & post teen gal life n 'minds' ". Study If you see the standards of 'debating' on tv or other media then u may find that exactly the same DECLINE has occurred everywhere.

Post a Reply  
Da_Bestest

02 Aug 2014 11:01 am  #5

A4A,

Have mentioned in beginner post that I give yu lot of credit to keep forums going. The adult level language can be disguised to smooth talk and still be taken in correct way for folks who matter. No one can do a fork or spoon about it. All you need to have is balls and bats to play the game.

Unlike you, I prefer when folks respond to my posts or on my topics. That is what makes it interesting for me. If I kept talking, though spreading Gyaan, I would get bored in two days. Monologues are not my style.

I am of the opinion that like before, if we have 7-8 ladies posting on forums ... Glory days will be back.

best rgds

bestest 

Post a Reply  

Anonymous

05 Aug 2014 04:40 pm  #6
24 yr old gal in Mumbai has spent hours on Yahoo Messenger in discussing the contents of one of my posts about "MIND". I suggested why she didn't post on the Forum and I quote our convo:- Study ME:-its more than 2 pages read the last post which sums it up but if not then y dont u post. SHE:- I have nothing to write about. ME:- well u have plenty to talk about wid me na? SHE:- so what? ME:- well it would be nice to see an intelligent gal posting on that forum. SHE:- well most if not all the writings are just endless posturing done by ppl trying to prove a point... SHE:- the thing is... I have nothing to prove to anyone... SHE:- a one to one discussiion is a different thing". Study So mayb that is ONE explanation of why ladies read but don't post on forum. She is also going to a Hindu BABA. She was brought up as a Christian but is inclined to believe now that 'hindu writings and thinking makes more sense'. Study I have interacted wid many other gals under and over 24. I suppose they hold the sane view. One of these girls (29) was so intelligent and interested in 'tantra' THAT I REFUSED TO HAVE A CASUAL RELATIONSHIP WID HER - and she WAS ANNOYED. I suppose THAT would be called IMMORAL on my part as a 'male chauvinist pig' Big Laugh

Post a Reply  
Da_Bestest

06 Aug 2014 11:39 am  #7

A4A,

Similar case. I yap with one on yahoo, charge her up on thinking her mental strength in public. All charged up, come on forums ,posts and disappears. Has happened with soooo manhy, I have kinda given up.

May be mods are not doing enough to promote forums as such. Shaadi is their flagship product and they bend backwards promoting it and then a wise man once said "Crying baby gets the milk"... Forums is crying its heart out and still gets abso nothing.

Guess I should have pushed them harder to sell forum portion of forums to me. Would have run it much better. Even they could link it to some other way.. instead of it being a part of dating site and then possible people actually come to discuss and not for anything else.

Offer some freebies for volumes one has posted or volumes built on topics one has started .. there can be hazzar ways of motivating folks to post on forums.  Unfortunately Mods & gang have lost their thinking cap or working capital is scarce in Peoples interactive.

Best rgds

Bestest

Post a Reply  
Anonymous

06 Aug 2014 02:08 pm  #8
APOLOGY: In my previous post I said about a young lady that " She is also going to a Hindu BABA". I have been approached by her to tender an apology because SHE SAID Study and I quote: " SHE:- well to put things straight I have gone to a sadhu and not a BABA.. both are completely different... and the sadhu has no relation to any religion or ideology.. infact he endorses none of them...12:08:00 PM.. so to put the word "hindu" in front of "BABA" having no relation to a sadhu is a gross misinterpretion... So I assured her I will apologize publicly, which I have now done.

Post a Reply  
Da_Bestest

07 Aug 2014 11:48 am  #9

A4A,

and the sadhu has no relation to any religion or ideology

Would this be possible ? I mean he must be meditating or praying. So who would he be praying to ??

And this is a crazy problem I have seen with some ladies. they read but not post. Infact I was trying to bring one on forums and she would respond to my post in private msg and I had to copy paste the same on forums. I have done that a few times.

This would support my view point that since frops is being advertised and promoted as a "datihg site", people wanting to discuss/debate in open are kinda shy to post on their own and would rather respond in private message.

May be link should be through "Gupshup on Nukkad"

best rgds

bestest

Post a Reply  
Anonymous

09 Aug 2014 07:22 am  #10
bestest....U should surf around and see similar forums. Study The one FLOODED is yahoo answers. U have to chop down big 'forests' to see the 'wood for the trees'. But 'vidwaans' like Deepak Chopra and Kiran Bedi have been known to 'seek answers' on that forum. Study I personally, think that Fropper Zones has sucked a lot of ppl away from this forum. But Fropper, like all others (including 'Church', 'Mandirs' etc) is a commercial activity and hav to 'keep up wid changing times'. In fact in England, the Churches keep a close eye on 'chadhawa' by the faithful. If the 'takings' cannot support a Church den it is SOLD. This happens mostly in areas of large immigration of Hindus, Sikhs and Moslems. These 'loss making Churches' den become temples, gurudwaras or mosques and even desi cash n carry stores. Study BUT if any of the remaining Christians pass such CONVERTED to HinduISM, Sikhism, MohamaddenISM 'Churches'...they dutifully CROSS THEMSELVES KNOWING FULLY IT IS NOT A CHURCH. Study This supports the classic judgment of Justice Ian Kennedy in State of India vs an English owner of Chola Natarja stolen from Indian Temple...That 'A DEITY IS A JURISTIC ENTITY AND ITS JURISTIC AUTHORITY WILL REMAIN EVEN AFTER TOTAL DESTRUCTION OF ITS EARTHLY FORM', TO RETURN THE Nataraja to its original owner hindu temple. So much for Mahmood Gaznavi and other ICONOCLASTS. In fact when Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) smashed all the idols around the FORUM of the kaba - he spared the Asia minor FEMALE TRIMURTI - AL LAT, AL UZZA, AL MANNAT. These were the subject of the nororius 'Satanic Verses' of the "Kaba Forum' [no offence]......so fropper or anyone else cannot make THE PROVERBIAL HORSE DRINK AFTER ITS TAKEN TO THE WATERS' especially if the 'horse' is inebriated by large intake of 'desi hooch'. Desi Hooch means 'common folklore' about EVERYTHING - THEORIES OF EVERYTHING that motivate the masses no differently to birds and wilderbeast migrating to SURVIVE dis Buddhist SAMSARA.

Post a Reply  

Da_Bestest

12 Aug 2014 10:21 am  #11

A4A,

It is only restirictions on using language that I have not used it for Moda team for the state Forums is in. No doubt it is their flagship but they go out of the way to promote Shadee.. I mean they have hardly spared any means of promoting that part of In teractive. While as Forums as always been a stepchild for them.

Absolutely zero effort to promote forums from Moderators.

I have tried so much to bring folks on forums. Hardly any one seems to be interested. Many male members when I tell them I am on fortums since 2006 assk me the same question.. Have you bonked anyone from fropper ? ...  If I tell them "Yes" .. some jokersw had audacity to ask me who have you bonked..  how can anyone expect any man to give names ..    

Only thing remains that can bring forums to its glory is some effort from Mods team to bring the crowd.

Or we will ahve to start building the tombstone for Forums.

best rgds

bestest

Post a Reply  
Anonymous

13 Aug 2014 07:54 am  #12
bestest: " ,,,,Have you bonked anyone from fropper ?....? NEARLY THIRTY YEARS AGO I was driving behind a school coach wid my partner. The UNDERAGE school kids were holding a big handwritten banner at the back of the bus .."DID U BONK YESTERDAY? IF U DID THEN HONK" Big Laugh So my partner HONKED twice. ALL the kids gave us the THUMBS UP SIGN!!!!! Study This is the "Age of Satan" alias KALIYUG. Not withstanding any pretensions to the contrary - including Pooja-Path-Sai Baba worship or Shiv Ling Worship etc. WHAT everybody HAS ON THEIR "MIND" is "BONKING". And notwithstanding "falling in luv" or "Luv arranged by Shadee..." etc; almost every human activity now is directly or indirectly connected wid bonking. Study And Bonking, like "luv/marriage n GODLY WORSHIP" is Commercialized. This FORUM is only PART of a BUSINESS. There is no DIRECT PROFIT from this Forum. From wht I hear from gals is that most 'married guys' are on 'social sites' looking for 'bonking partners' and they do it quite unashamedly. Study Wht is more is, at least in my experience that most gals (regardless of their marital status) get 'bored stiff' if any 'net relationship' stays 'platonic' for too long. Study So to quote the eminent English Philosopher Aldous Huxley: "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" and " You pays your money and you takes your choice ".... unless of course IT IS A FREEBIE Big Laugh and lets face it THAT althgough DRINKING WATER CEASED TO BE A FREEBIE LONG TIME AGO; but Bonking, marital or ex-marital is STILL a kinda FREEBIE" No offence to Hinduttva or imminent Ram Rajya after Ram Mandir Nirman..

Post a Reply  
Da_Bestest

19 Aug 2014 12:10 pm  #13

A4A,

In olden days few of my posts use to be declined for language  used. Now days I wonder if mods team even checks them out. Here i am openly blaming them for the mess that forums is in and they have not bothered to respond. Leave aside this topic, morons don't respond on "write to moderators' topic as well. I am kinda surprised that they have not shut the door on forums. they don't care a damn for it anyways.

Atleast I would not have to suffer the pain of seeing it in this state if they shut the shop and removed the link to forums from fropper website.

best rgds

Bestest

Post a Reply  
Anonymous

20 Aug 2014 09:41 am  #14
bestest: as they say in England "Cheer up, it may NEVER HAPPEN". Thas Y at least I don't look for ANY LININGS ON ANY CLOUD Big Laugh even on CLOUD COMPUTING. Just njoy d'CLOUD - Sunshine or rain or just its SHADOW. And of course, its only when u get 'attached to anything' dat u experience 'sorrows' of all kind. Study ...............So keep froppin like I do - Que Sera Sera..The future is not ours to see....unless u believe in ASTROLOGY and NOT in Jyotish Big Laugh

Post a Reply  

simplyblessed
Bangalore , India
Female 42

View all Posts: 1

20 Aug 2014 04:58 pm  #15
Namaste Smile

I do skim through the forums...very rarely though....usually most of  the threads are kept alive by A4A...its well written....!

i dont think may people are even aware that a 'forums' section exists on fropper...besides, i feel that if there had been a common platform where real time discussions could happen...like an 'open-for-all' chatroom...then there might be more life in the forums...

or maybe, no one has the time??!...naah...i guess the availability of ' instant gratification' via 'messages'/chat has made us lazy....forums is like the 'letter-by-post'!!!

this thread has been interesting....it makes me smile to see the way words play!!

Smile

Post a Reply  
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »
 Page 1 of 3    1 > Last »